Monday, January 25, 2010

Oh those addictions

Happy Monday folks. This weeks subject will be on addictions. No not the typical addictions you think of. Drugs, Alcohol and Sex. No the under current addictions. The ones we do everyday, the ones we don't even realize we have.

Let's talk about games!!!! AH, those games. Those wonderful games we have to get to the next level with, we have to reach that badge, we have to have more points. And we will do anything to get it. We have them on our computers, phones and TVs. I know I do. Oh yes, it is vital to our existence.

It starts out simple enough, we join a game site for free. We just got a new computer or we are just bored. Then we realize we have to deal with commercial breaks, and other people have these pictures next to there names and we want that. I want that. How do I get that. Oh for fifty bucks a year, A YEAR, that my friend is a deal, we can have that picture next to our name and guess what no commercial breaks. Ahhh we are in, we are someone. YES, oh wait now we have to do the weekly challenges and did you get that badge and I hate this game but I need this badge. It could be my favorite badge after all. Oh yes she has that badge and which badge is that, I WANT THAT BADGE. Then there are gems, oh the gems. They can get me something special for my avatar, which of course looks nothing like me, only what I want to look like. (I could be at the gym instead of sitting on my A**) But the gems cost money, oh just this once, why not. My avatar needs that lab jumping at my feet.

Oh yes addictions, they come in all shapes and sizes. Some socially acceptable, some not, some we can justify, but are we fooling ourselves? Aren't we nation of some addiction or another? How many times have you used the expression "I'm just addicted to it"?

No comments: